Acts of Kindness is part of the ministry of the St. George Men’s Group. When a true need arises within the community, our members have gone out to help the person in need. We have provided services such as rides to doctor’s visits, transportation of hospital beds and chairs in the home, trimming of trees and yardwork, building a ramp to gain entrance into a home for medical transportation of the resident, and more.
Services in the Acts of Kindness Ministry
* delivering meals
* local home companionship where needed
* mentoring to community and schools
* rides for doctor visits when truly needed
* rides for shopping needs when truly needed
* snow shoveling when truly needed
* leaf raking and yardwork when truly needed
* visit parishioners in hospitals when truly needed
* handyman activities in homes, within the scope of what SGMG can provide, when truly needed
Requests can be made to Tammy DeFrancesco at Guilford Social Services or Father Stephen Sledesky of St. George Church in Guilford. Either Ms. DeFrancesco or Father Sledesky will then conduct an assessment of the need for the service and, if the request is determined to be appropriate, will contact the St. George Men’s Group. If the St. George Men’s Group can provide the approved service, arrangements will be made to complete that Act of Kindness as soon as possible.
Phone: (203) 453-8009
Father Stephen Sledesky
Phone: (203) 453-2788, ext. 207